Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Proud gun owner!

That’s right I’m frickinnuts and I own a gun! In fact I own a few guns. Ok you got me; I own a lot of guns.
I trade guns, sell guns, buy guns, shoot guns, hunt with guns, fix guns, clean guns and show others how to use guns. You might say I’m a gun nut too. I have a safe and I store my guns in there, as far as you know all my guns are in there. Oh but there might be a gun in my top drawer, just in case I feel the need to look at it and hold it and spin it around on my finger like a cowboy in the old west in the middle of the night without waking up my kids trying to get in the gun-safe.

Do I think guns are toys or to be played with? No. I do take gun ownership very serious. I have a CHL (concealed handgun license). I go to the range at least 1 a month. I shoot in a gun club with like minded people.  I don’t think someone should run out and get a gun to feel safer and not have a clue how to use it. Several friends have come to me about what kind of gun to buy and where to buy it and the first thing I say is lets go shooting and let me show you how to hold it and load it and fire it and be safe with it. Then we can talk about where and what to buy.

I do think there should be regulations. I’m not a fan of the “gun show loophole” and I’m really not a fan of the “Fast and the Furious”. I see no reason for fully automatic weapons. I don’t want 18 year olds owning guns or even shooting them without supervision. My boys shoot with me and I teach them gun safety and proper use.  I believe the worst thing you can do is have an unsecured weapon in a house full of children and not teach then the danger. Children shooting themselves or others is mostly because they find daddy’s gun and have never held a real one and need to check it out, I say teach them how and make it not taboo. Tell a kid not to jump off the roof and don’t explain why and I bet they break a leg to find out for themselves.

I do think there is a limit to regulation. I don’t want the government telling me how many guns I can own or buy at a time. I don’t want the government telling me how many bullets my guns can hold.  I don’t want the government saying I have to keep all the guns locked up and the ammo in a different place. I, like most guns owners have different guns that serve different purposes’. I have a shot gun for shooting birds and I love dove! I have a couple of rifles for shooting deer’s and hogs. I have handguns for shooting any number of things. I even have a special handgun for shooting snakes. And yes I have handguns for shooting people, I have a really nice 357 magnum and you get to see the business end of that one if you stop by my place at 3 in the morning uninvited. Oh yea and I have an awesome AK-47 because it’s the true choice of shooters everywhere, just look at any video or picture of the middle east, China or Russia and someone is holding one!
 
If you don’t have a weapon you’re a victim and I’ll never be a victim! Oh and by the way Jesus said “and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one” Luke 22:36. Sword was the weapon of the day, If Jesus was alive now he would say and he that hath no pistol, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

No comments:

Post a Comment